Thursday 5 December 2019

Level 58, and too much to do

After the doldrums of the late 40s, the 50s are busy...

I'm sure I didn't play this way the first time around (I imagine I hit 60 and then thought "right, what do I do now"), but despite levels taking a long time I'm moving faster than my list of targets.

  • I have 294 points in leatherworking (target: Devilsaur Leggings)
  • I'm attuned to Molten Core, and at the Jailbreak stage with the Onyxia attunement
  • I'm 25% of the way through Unfriendly with the Timbermaw Hold (target: Warbear Harness)
  • I'm juggling quest log space for pre-quests for dungeon or world elite quests that award decent gear
  • and so on...

Classic is this clever (evil?) sequence of to-do lists which I want to make my way through reasonably efficiently - I don't want to get to level 60 and be too squishy to tank the harder dungeons, and this approach does mean that I'm not too stressed about reaching the level cap as it's kind of looking after itself.

I've completed 3 runs of Blackrock Depths and have mostly re-learnt my way around - the first run was a complete mystery and it's a bit odd having the geography come back to me. At level 58 I feel ready in a sense to progress to Lower Blackrock Spire but wouldn't feel confident keeping aggro from max level damage dealers. Players seem to understand the difference from the modern game and despite a few difficult pulls on a couple of the runs the groups have been a lot more pleasant than the typical dungeon finder companions. But I want to keep things that way.

No comments: