Tuesday 28 January 2020

Alt time?

Last Tuesday my resolve finally broke and I created a new alt, a rogue. After debating between a hunter or warlock as a solo artist, and a rogue or mage as classes I've not properly levelled before (paladins didn't merit consideration, sorry) I settled on the rogue as a chance to experience the proper stealth class. However thoughts of the long road ahead drained my interest and so he's now sat at the inn in Kharanos.

Instead some YouTube videos and a respec have renewed my enthusiasm for my druid. I hesitated for the longest time before committing the gold but with my fast mount so far off the more immediate gratification seemed the right course and so it has proved so far.

My 0/30/21 spec has far more utility in Warsong Gulch, thanks in no small part to Feral Charge and Nature's Swiftness, and I can either tank or heal in dungeons. My return to tanking was in the living side of Stratholme with a guild group (which was probably not a wise choice of dungeon), but a run through the undead side last night with another guild group was much smoother, marred only by poor handling of the guards just before Baron Rivendare.

I also managed to farm myself a pair of Atal'ai Spaulders of Defense. I'll probably go back for a set of the Monkey or Stamina at some point, but those are nice enough for now.

I'll respec back to moonkin for our raid on Thursday but I can see myself respeccing every couple of weeks. Being able to take advantage of a druid's versatility really does seem worth the gold.

No comments: