Thursday 16 August 2007

Wrath of the Lich King: Talents

It's still months (years?) before release, but I'm already unhappy about what I read about talents in the next expansion - Wrath of the Lich King. That is, that there are new ones (not too surprising really). Presumably this means that the top talent in a tree will be a 51 pointer. I was hoping they'd raise the talent limit every second expansion, but apparently not.

As a shaman I need to spec deeply into one tree to be viable in the PvE endgame, but at the moment some classes can manage a more rounded spec. Surely that will change when the best you can do is 20 points in a secondary tree?

On the other hand, I'm probably wrong. I didn't like the idea of dual wielding shamans when I first saw it, but it was nice as a levelling spec.

As an aside, the press release announcing the Burning Crusade came out on 28 October 2005, the game was released on 16 Feb 2007. WotLK was announced on 3 Aug 2007, any bets on a December 2008 release? The news on it so far makes it sound like the release date will be closer than that - there's even rumours of a May release - but we'll see it when it's ready...

No comments: