Thursday 2 April 2020

Roguing

Compared to the original game I've found nearly no time for alts this time around. I have much less time to play than I did 15 years ago but a big factor as well I think it the focus on gearing, raiding and other costly activities (for example I didn't bother about getting a fast mount first time around).

My alt though, such as he is, is a level 17 dwarf rogue which I'm really enjoying playing. Sometimes (when not in the right mindset) I find him dying a lot, but when played properly he's some of the best single player fun I've had with the game. Yesterday I completed the quest Bingles' Missing Supplies which involves recovering said supplies from an island heavily populated with troggs. As a soloing rogue this involves lots of stealth, waiting for certain troggs to path away from their groups and judicious use of Sap, Evasion and occasionally health potions and Sprint!

It certainly isn't what you want if you're after efficient levelling but it was a thoroughly absorbing time.

No comments: