Wednesday 25 March 2020

Heart of the Wild-ed

Having started as a dedicated healer with a rushed Moonglow build I'd been itching for a while to try the Heart of the Wild / Nature's Swiftness spec which promised decent healing output with much more versatility (and, importantly, the ability to tank).

It is probably my favourite spec so far as it nearly allows a druid to do everything - but only nearly. I spent most of my time tanking, especially in Blackrock Spire getting a gem for the UBRS key (but only one so far) and remembering how difficult Dire Maul North is. Apart from that my main focus was PvP, as I'm still working on Warsong Gulch reputation, and with a 50:50 mix of bear and casting gear enjoyed myself there much more than I have recently. It probably also helped that, presumably due to the release of Arathi Basin, premades are much less prevalent than they were before.

The big drawback of the spec though was that my raid healing was very sub-par. Part of this is undoubtedly tactical but also due to missing some of the deeper restoration talents meaning that, even making use of the larger mana pool by using higher rank heals, I simply wasn't keeping up. I'm going to try for a bit with a PvP-focused Swiftmend spec and then reassess once I've really got the healing tactics for Blackwing Lair nailed down. I might try HotW again, but more likely will do the occasional feral respec, funds permitting.

No comments: