Friday 7 February 2020

Purples make it better

Actually that headline is unfair on both me and my guild...

Last night in Molten Core the Staff of Dominance dropped. My guild runs an odd system partly of free rolls and partly of a sort of loot council. In the past I've been on the wrong side of the latter, with items being restricted to certain key raiders or to warlocks or mages - this seemed fair enough since they would put the item to good use, but there was the worry of how that would restrict me. However last night it was decided that the staff should go to me.


A big part of that was that many of the mages have the mageblade or other good loot, or are keeping their powder dry for the next time that drops, but also there was recognition that I'm now part of the main team. I also had support from "my" mages that appreciate their extra crit.

So while the purple is a physical (virtual?) representation of it, what really makes it worthwhile is that I'm seen as an asset to, and not a drag on, our raid team.

No comments: